Saturday, March 28, 2009

My debut Short Film " Home Plan "


Movie Home Plan

Every friend I met in last 3 months , after exchanging the usual pleasantries, came up with ONE question"When will we get to see your first short-film"? And kind of enthusiasm and energy they showered upon me, with the repeated queries ,i feel deeply indebted of them.A little dose of encouragement can do wonders , at least I believe in it. But regarding the movie upload , I used to give excuses , blaming it to technical problems and unfortunately that was true.


As soon as I came back from Pune , first thing i wished was to upload my short film . Immediately I jumped to YouTube, only to discover that it don't  allow a video of more than 10 mins and luckily mine was above than the threshold limit, the option ended then and there. Metcafe is another website where one can upload the videos but again size problem appeared, next destination was Google Video and I don't know ,but without briefing me about the error , it rejected my short film.


Initially , I was against the idea of severing video to upload,But after a lot of futile attempts on different sites, today I split my movie into two parts and uploaded it on YouTube.


Now, its in public domain and exposed to all kind of reactions.A few  regular visitors, who follow my blog ,there is an earnest request,please watch the movie,I hope you shall enjoy it ;but most important point,if you feel like dropping a comment, you are most welcome my dear audience.
Click for Movie "Home Plan " - Part 1



Click forMovie "Home Plan " - Part 2

-Yaatri
© Ajay Kr Saxena

7 comments:

Arpit said...

I just saw Home Plan,
I enjoyed the movie;
Impressive story line, fine acting...Thz three character simply defines each possibility of Youth Being...
& that Girish guy's character is seems more like you :D...

Ajay Kr Saxena said...

hey Arpit!
Congrats for dropping the very first comment , thanks for your encouragement and yes Girish character has a few similarities with my personalty and I wanted to don that role myself only , but because of being the director of movie , I avoided putting on two caps at a time.

Arpit said...

Thanks n Your director cap done the both part for you...
You created a good show... & one more thing; you used that pretty voice very nicely in the end, Isne character mei jaan daal di...

Best Dialogue: "ऊंची इमारतों तक सेक्सोफोन की आवाज़ नहीं सुनाई देती"

P.S. By the way, movie mei that Sony laptop is yours na?

Mukul said...

Congrats bhaiya..! just saw home plan! really liked it.!

Found the characters really interesting and different..! and loved those two dialogues -

"jab ghar toot-te hain toh insaan bhi toot jaaate hain!"

and the best one -
"oonchi imaaraton se saxophone ki awaaz nahi sunai deti"!!

And first time I was noticing camera angles in a video..and they appeared pretty intuitive - focusing on what was supposed to be focused.

very impressive first attempt man!! way to go...all the best!

-Mukul

Ajay Kr Saxena said...

@Arpit: that laptop wasn't mine.

@Mukul : Thanks for your encouraging feedback. Have a good day

Anonymous said...

Waah Saxena bhai.. Abhi se NRI audience ko target kar rahe ho? More than half the dialogs were in English. :)

That said, it was a good one anyway. Hope to see more from you..

Ajay Kr Saxena said...

@Anonymous:
thanks a lot for your time and comments.